Disk and filesystem changes on eclips.is
Revision as of 13:40, 28 February 2021 by 320x200 (Created page with "Some notes on managing disks on the Greenhost/eclips.is VM servers. == New disk creation == * Go to Cosmos, the eclips.is VM manager * Go to "Disk Images" in the selected VM...")
Some notes on managing disks on the Greenhost/eclips.is VM servers.
New disk creation
- Go to Cosmos, the eclips.is VM manager
- Go to "Disk Images" in the selected VM/account
- Create new disk of desired size (possibly use same location as VM)
- Once created, go to manage and assign the new disk to the correct VM and give it a correct position (ie, not one being already used by another disk on this very VM), let's say it was /dev/xvdb1
- log into the VM, if needed install the necessary tool to handle XFS filesystems.
apt install xfsprogs
- format the new disk as XFS