Lightweight and sustainable Websites
From Run Your Own
Static Site Generators
- Hugo, written in Go
- Jekyll, written in Ruby
- Pelikan, written in Python
Need to be processed/summarized?
- Awesome Static Web Site Generators
- Brutalist Web Design by David Bryant Copeland
- How to Build a Low-tech Website? by Low-Tech Magazine
- The Ethics of Web Performance by Tim Kadlec
- Securing Sites Made Them Less Accessible by Eric A. Meyer
- Susty WP, Delivering WordPress in 7 KB by Jack Lenox
- Performance Budget, "I want my site to load in X seconds on a Y connection" by @jonthanfielding
- Front-end performance checklist 2019 by Vitaly Friedman.
- World bandwith map from @mattleibow.
- Get Started With Analyzing Runtime Performance by Kayce Basques.
- Optimize Website Speed With Chrome DevTools by Kayce Basques.
- Optimization in Elm – an interesting look at compiler tool chain driven web performance.
- Small Assets without the Headache by Evan Czaplicki.
- How Web Content Can Affect Power Usage @ Webkit.org